Call for Submissions
The 2018 NCRGE/GCGE Conference aims to advance our understanding of Powerful Geography and its potential in education by bringing together a diverse delegation of geographers, geography educators, professional geographers, and education researchers in other disciplines. We invite proposals for papers, panels, and posters related to the conference theme that explore issues and topics such as:
- Geography that teachers need
- Geography that students need
- Geography that society needs
Submit your abstract here
We will accept all submitted abstracts and organized sessions for presentation. DEADLINE SEPTEMBER 7TH
Presenters can submit the following:
Papers – A paper session includes a series of formal presentations, including time for discussion.
- We will allocate 20 minutes per paper (e.g., 15 minutes for the presentation and 5 minutes for discussion)
- There will be 4 papers in a paper session
- Abstracts (100 words) for each presenter are required
- Organized paper sessions are welcome. The session organizer should submit a 100-word session description with paper titles and names of presenters for the session. Individual presenters must register and submit their abstracts separately.
Posters – Posters are exhibited for informal browsing with opportunities for individual discussion with poster authors.
- Since a poster format is best when your material can easily be communicated visually, text should be limited to brief statements.
- Each presentation should make a unified, coherent statement
- Materials, both textual and visual, should be of professional quality and be clearly legible from a distance of four feet (4′)
- 4′ x 8′ poster board (landscape-oriented only)
- Abstracts for each presenter are required
Panels – A panel session (60-90 minutes) consists of participants examining a topic followed by questions from audience members.
- No formal presentations or abstracts
- 4-6 participants, including a session introducer and discussant.
Session rooms will be available with AV equipment and laptop.
Please Note: All abstracts will be published in the conference proceedings and online. Submission of an abstract implies permission to publish.